About Me

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I've done it

Its official: I have finished Winter (well I finished it a month ago but I'm just really lazy and just got around to writing the review right now).   
So if you're new here, Winter, written by Marisa Meyer, is this really really really big book thats really good.
But to be more specific; I'll start from the beginning.
In previous posts I've mentioned Winter and how excited I was about it, a countless number of times but I only had my ridiculous imagination and a few predictions about what I thought was going to happen. But it was nothing like I thought it would be. I mean I wasn't wrong about it being totally magnificent because it totally was! but more happened than I thought it would.
Luna: for those who are unaware
*WARNING* 
If you have not read the previous novels to this series, what I am about to write about will make absolutely no sense.
Starting from the point of view of Winter, she is in the throne room with her psychotic step mother during the trials (and possible executions) of the people who may or may not have been apart or witnessed the kidnapping of Kai. Eventually Jacin shows up and is mostly likely going to be executed but Levana, being the saint that she is, decides to just let him get whipped a couple of times and not give him dinner one night. This is where we witness Winter's first crazy spell, where she claim the walls are covered in blood and she's a princess of ice...
But really, every time she had one of her "visions" I just got more confused because there wasn't much of an explanation as to why not using her glamour caused her to go insane. I'm most likely forgetting where that is explained but maybe I'm not.
Anyways...
Around chapter 4 (yes, I remember the chapter that this happened) we got Cinder and I was so unbelievably happy about these next few chapters because, lets face it,much needed moment alone, I was crying from tears of joy. It was fabulous.
Kai. Alright, I love Kai more than any male character like ever. Okay not true, I mean Will Herondale and many others are out there somewhere.  But in terms of the lunar Chronicle, he is the best ever. So when in chapter 4 he and Cinder have a much much
But of course Kai has to go back to New Beijing and persuade the Bitch Queen (a.k.a Levana) to have their wedding on Luna.
Alright, this is a little of topic but I don't remember why she wore the veil over her head. I mean I read Fairest and it explained the first time she did it and all but I don't remember why she did it exactly. Does it even explain that? Damn, now I wanna know...
And now coming back to Winter...
We also get to see Scarlet!!! Like, for real; it's not every 78 pages for 2 seconds.
I used to hate Scarlet to be honest, like in her book she kinda bothered me, like she was really badass and all but it seemed like she tried to hard to not care... if you know what I mean... And with Wolf their romance was kinda over in like 2 pages, with not even a little suspense in Kai and Cinder's story or Thorne and Cress's. Ok, maybe a little too much for those four but still, when it finally happened it really made it worth the wait. Like really worth it. But Scarlet and Wolf: it wasn't drawn out enough.
But I still love them.
And I really respected Scarlet in this book, she redeemed herself by helping Winter, and the mutant soldiers wolf things.
Now Cress and Thorne: they, as a couple, are my favorite. like I love concert and Kai but Cress and throne just makes me so happy. But apparently I was just a little too happy at the end of Cress when they have the whole kiss on the the top the roof and its amazing and theres fireworks, I thought that that whole scene was them not being friends anymore but in Winter, I guess I'm proven wrong!!
Damn it! Now I'm angry.
Okay, anyways, at least they end up together in the end, the sen where they are in the castle was fantastic and then when Cress is in the hospital just makes me smile.
Over all my favorite part is either when Cinder kills the bitch queen or the very end when Kai is all "would you consider becoming an empress sometime?" and Cinder in response says "yeah, sure." But I loved it and there are so many more things that happened (it's 830 pages, a lot of shit went down) but I really can't write more about it unless this post becomes like 10000000 words long and then it gets boring and blah blah blah... but anyways
I loved it so much...
See ya!
Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment