About Me

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Real or Not Real?

So I am really really lazy and started to write this post 2 weeks ago and finished it about 2 minutes ago so were just gonna pretend its December 17th.
----
It has been over a month since Winter came out and I am on page 100... out of 827... I am disappointed in myself.
But its not my fault!! (entirely) Winter break starts like today so I've been busy with school and papers and school and science teachers who are out for my blood and school and this one person in particular who is so so so sweet but because of this person, I'm having problems concentrating on anything else! So I'm busy...
But I am literally going to force my self to finish that god damn book before the year ends... in 15 days....  We'll see what happens.
But needless to say I can not wait for break, I am so unbelievably done with school and assignments and tests, its like  no matter how much I study for them I still get a shitty grade on the ones I'm most prepared for, but do alright on the ones that I'm sure I'm gonna fail. Not complaining about that specifically, but still, I'd rather just not deal with the tests in the first place.
Okay, I'll stop talking about school, y'all, whoever you are, have heard the endless ranting before. But now I'm gonna talk about fantasy because... well... Winter. And reality too because why the hell not and no ones gonna stop me
Fantasy is not real, and never will be, because the second it is real, its reality. No matter how hard we try fantasy is fiction an  fiction is, again, not real. Thats how we know the difference between fantasy and reality. Real or not Real? Well, is there a fire breathing dragon chilling on the top of the Empire State? Probably fantasy. Your still doing homework? most likely Reality (unfortunately). Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just live in Fantasy land and then just screw reality? But reality is what makes fantasy so... amazing. Reality is when we live are real lives and then go read a really really good book or watch a really really good movie, or see a really really good play. Fantasy is new and you haven't seen or read it before and you don't know whats going to happen. The fact that it isn't reality makes that story so much more interesting. 
j-blockbuster
Take the Great Depression for example: life sucked, reality, for just about everyone in America sucked. With a poverty rate of 25% for the whole country, life was really really bad (to say the least). Believe it or not, motion pictures became quite popular around this time because, well I think, because it gave people a distraction from their reality. So your average family at the time would spend most of their day at home, the husband may go look for a job at some point, maybe he's lucky enough to still have one. He'd come home to his wife who's depressed and starving, the kids who are sitting around sad and bored, and they'd all realize that this is their pretty shitty reality. So he takes his family to the new found cinema down the street to see a movie. They pay their 18 cents for a ticket (practically a fortune) so they are able to escape their reality, and for an hour and a half view a fantasy. Lets say this family is seeing a movie about a double agent that goes undercover to make sure some bomb doesn't go off (it's cliche today but not during the 30's). This family smiles and laughs for the first time in a very long time and they aren't thinking about what they are going to do after, eventually they are going to have to go back but for now, they are enjoying the story, the fantasy right in front of them. 
Or from personal experience, I remember many many times that i was doing homework and really didn't want to... at all... but this time I was being really bitchy and math was making less sense than I thought possible so I decided to take a break and read a book. Quite a surprise I know. But when I first started reading it I was in a shitty mood but soon I got like really into this book, and then I wasn't thinking about math anymore and when I finished it, I was no longer bitching at my parents and in a considerably better mood. I wished for a minute that I could just live in that world, and live the life of the main character, but then I realized that both my parents would be dead, my sister was trying to kill me, and the man I loved had some plague that was probably gonna kill him. That would be my reality...
Some fantasies aren't that bad though, I know I'm not the only one who thinks up impossible scenarios in my head and pretends its my life. But also reality doesn't always suck, I mean mine is just fine right now ;)
See ya!
Olivia

  

No comments:

Post a Comment